With my first Bindrune, my goal is to break through the everyday mind in order to get through to our most primal selves. When I say "primal," in a sense I'm talking about our shadow-selves, the part of our minds we bury and lock up, because of the constraints society places upon us. It is the part of us that yearns to get back in touch with mother nature, and live in harmony with her rhythms, while being free of the constraints said society puts upon us. The other part of the bindrune helps us reconnect with mother nature. And for this, I've chosen:

1) Thurs: The rune of the Thursar, or giants, the figures in Norse myth that symbolize the most primal forces of the creation and destruction of the universe. This is the rune that is supposed to help the person break through their everyday selves and get in touch with their most primal selves. 

2) Fehu: I know that Fehu is a rune of wealth, but when I look at it, I see something different. When I look at Fehu, I see a majestic, an old oak-like tree, with roots deep and firm into the ground, and branches lush green with leaves spread far and wide, laden with fruits ripe for the picking. To me, Fehu tells us to establish strong roots into the ground first. This suggests to me grounding work, reconnecting not only with our "roots," a.k.a, where we come from, but, reestablishing a connection with mother nature as well. Then, it tells us to diligently, and patiently grow higher and higher, and when we see the fruits of our labors (our wealth), not to hoard it, but share it among friends and family. 

If you guys have better suggestions, by all means, please suggest them :-)

Views: 320

Replies to This Discussion

I like the meanings of the Runes in this :).

The shape "does something to me when I Look at it". Its off/its weird/right/its balanced...lol. I'm hooked, and not sure why ...

Thank You

p.s. do you draw the line at the bottom when you Draw the Rune ?

I did that line for visual effect here, really. Although I was seriously thinking of turning it into Bjarkan, as the "root" of Fehu.

I could see the fiery growth and expansion of Fehu in this BindRune and certainly see how it could aid Thurs in its purpose. I like it. Ive had success with Laguz in subconscious work similar to what your describing. I may borrow some of this BindRune(with your permission of course) and work Laguz into it. It might be a gentler energy.

RSS

Study Rune Meanings

fehuuruzthurisazansuzraidhokenazgebowunjo
hagalaznauthizisajeraihwazperthroalgizsowilo
tiwazberkanoehwazmannazlaguzinguzdagazothala

Connect with Tyriel

facebookTwitterGoogle+

Discussion Forum

A Rune to Focus 5 Replies

Started by AlexBowser83fl. Last reply by Loclynn Aug 9, 2015.

Aegishjalmur (Helm of Awe) 15 Replies

Started by Sielle Niamh. Last reply by Paul Marshall Aug 6, 2015.

FALUTH 2 Replies

Started by NIK. Last reply by NIK Jul 15, 2013.

My first Bindrune. 3 Replies

Started by Mit Solanki. Last reply by NIK Jul 14, 2013.

GetConnected(Algiz) 5 Replies

Started by AlexBowser83fl. Last reply by NIK Jul 14, 2013.

Blog Posts

2017 Personal Runecasts

Posted by Kelley on November 30, 2016 at 7:56am 0 Comments

Algiz

Posted by Eric Matthew Bennett on August 27, 2016 at 5:58am 4 Comments

Tyriel

Posted by Wilo on July 23, 2016 at 10:15pm 1 Comment

Get the Book of Rune Secrets!

The Rune Secrets Blog

Rune Books and Curriculum

The Curriculum of Rune Magick I highly encourage you to build your library starting from these sources. A lot of good stuff is out of print, but these books have stood the test of time and/or popularity. All links go to Amazon, where you’ll find more reviews, similar books and pricing information. Enjoy! The Book … Continue reading Rune Books and Curriculum

Tyriel Requests Your Patronage!

Hail, friend! You may know me as Tyriel, author of “The Book of Rune Secrets”, but in every day life, I am simply James. I come to you today seeking support and patronage to bring my recent work on the runes to fruition, using Patreon, at http://patreon.com/jscrawley.  I have been a quiet observer of the … Continue reading Tyriel Requests Your Patronage!

Free Rune Course Beginning March 1st 2012

Welcome to Rune Secrets! Many of you know me as Tyriel, the admin of Rune Secrets and the author of The Book of Rune Secrets. The Rune Secrets Study Community at http://runesecrets.net started Beta in March of last year, and has since grown a vibrant and active membership base. Now, I am going to conduct a … Continue reading Free Rune Course Beginning March 1st 2012

© 2017   Created by Tyriel [Rune Secrets Admin].   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service