Recently I have been on a Franz Bardon kick, and so I slowly acquired his three main books, Initiation into Hermetics, Invocation..., and Key to the True Kabbalah.  I highly recommend acquiring them someday, as I think the exercises he describes in there and methods of working (especially in Initiation into Hermetics) to be very effective and useful for developing a results orientated practice. 

That being said, I found his book on Kabbalah to be wonderfully inspiring.  It totally created a series of mental connections for me, namely between his practice with Kabbalah and a way of working with the runes through runic galdar. I haven't quite fully played with all of it, so all I can say is get it, hit it and you will probably love it as much as I do.

Views: 935

Replies to This Discussion

But there's only 10 (or) 11 sephiroth, and 22 pathways...how would you reconcile the runes with them?

I am not going to reconcile the runes with the kabbalah.  This is not about that.  It's about using Franz Bardon's techniques that he expresses in his True Kabbalah book with runic galdar.

Also, if you only limit yourself to the Elder Futhark, it is a difficult numbers game.  If you open yourself up to using other futharks, one can easily have enough runes to pair up each sephiroth and paths that connect them. Although I don't believe in doing that, as the cultures that both spring from are quite different in origin and cultural expression.  While there is a common element of human experience, alot of understanding that experience comes from the culture that one is raised one.  A new yorker can see the world much differently then an Angeleno.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense now. I've never really heard of Franz Bardon. I should get his book and read it, since I find the Kabbalah and hermetics an interesting study.

I agree that the systems aren't to be reconciled. I studied hermeticism and kabbalah long before ever hearing of the runes. Once I found the runes, I knew my path was much more clear. Bardon does have wonderful exercises that can be tweeked to fit into any system. The problem is that he is such a terrible boring author- his wisdom is lost in the tedious delivery of his message. Only a very patient and determined reader can suffer through the entirety of his work.

I am a very patient and determined reader, and fortunately at the point where I found Franz Bardon, I was so intrigued and interested by what he was saying I did not find it at all boring.  Overly moralistic and preachy at times, which to me is more of a reflection of his time period of writing, but the exercises themselves are all very interesting.

I don't think any systems need reconciling with one another. You use what fits your particular needs. For me, (obviously?) this was the runes, but I have read a great deal of other literature. 

My final observations on the matter is that there are paths that lead you to the unconscious (dreams, trance, astral projection) and paths that lead you to the conscious (such as zen meditation). We are each balanced a certain way already. My world was overwhelmed with the unconscious symbols and imagery of archetypes and I was once so lost in that that I had to learn to become at peace with the mundane, to meditate, to gain focus and clarity rather than get more lost in the myth and magic of the unconscious.

So I think the most important reconciliation we can make is to decide which side of our nature needs the most attention, and which spiritual or occult traditions move us toward that development. 

Remember, I don't use the unconscious and consciousness as negative and positive. If you want to gain a great understanding of these two ideas I recommend Psychology and Religion: East and West by Carl Jung. It will give you a global perspective that can be really useful in understanding the fundamental difference between the two paths I mentioned.

If you notice the merkaba (which includes the kabbalistic tree of life, the 5 platonic solid shapes, and at least a few other magical symbols), you will also find all 24 of the Elder Futhark within it.  Interesting.

RSS

Study Rune Meanings

fehuuruzthurisazansuzraidhokenazgebowunjo
hagalaznauthizisajeraihwazperthroalgizsowilo
tiwazberkanoehwazmannazlaguzinguzdagazothala

Connect with Tyriel

facebookTwitterGoogle+

Discussion Forum

cursing and blessing with runes. 14 Replies

Started by Hrímfaxi. Last reply by Loclynn Jul 23, 2014.

Runic Tattoos 4 Replies

Started by Hrímfaxi. Last reply by Hrímfaxi Jul 17, 2014.

Franz Bardon, Kabbalah, and the Runes 7 Replies

Started by Christopher Alton Lung. Last reply by Maagda Thorenson Jun 3, 2014.

Runes for basic energy work 13 Replies

Started by Darpan. Last reply by Maagda Thorenson Jun 3, 2014.

Runes of Protection 10 Replies

Started by Christopher Alton Lung. Last reply by Hrímfaxi Dec 17, 2013.

Blog Posts

2017 Personal Runecasts

Posted by Kelley on November 30, 2016 at 7:56am 0 Comments

Algiz

Posted by Eric Matthew Bennett on August 27, 2016 at 5:58am 4 Comments

Tyriel

Posted by Wilo on July 23, 2016 at 10:15pm 1 Comment

Get the Book of Rune Secrets!

The Rune Secrets Blog

Rune Books and Curriculum

The Curriculum of Rune Magick I highly encourage you to build your library starting from these sources. A lot of good stuff is out of print, but these books have stood the test of time and/or popularity. All links go to Amazon, where you’ll find more reviews, similar books and pricing information. Enjoy! The Book … Continue reading Rune Books and Curriculum

Tyriel Requests Your Patronage!

Hail, friend! You may know me as Tyriel, author of “The Book of Rune Secrets”, but in every day life, I am simply James. I come to you today seeking support and patronage to bring my recent work on the runes to fruition, using Patreon, at http://patreon.com/jscrawley.  I have been a quiet observer of the … Continue reading Tyriel Requests Your Patronage!

Free Rune Course Beginning March 1st 2012

Welcome to Rune Secrets! Many of you know me as Tyriel, the admin of Rune Secrets and the author of The Book of Rune Secrets. The Rune Secrets Study Community at http://runesecrets.net started Beta in March of last year, and has since grown a vibrant and active membership base. Now, I am going to conduct a … Continue reading Free Rune Course Beginning March 1st 2012

© 2017   Created by Tyriel [Rune Secrets Admin].   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service